Dear HCP experts,

Hi. We are trying to compute resting state fMRI connectivity between several
ROIs for single individuals. The surface ROIs (.func.gii) were acquired from
task fMRI data. The plan is to compute the averaged rfMRI timeseries within
each ROI, and then compute their correlations.

We have several questions to ask:

1. The HCP user manual suggests to use dtseries.nii data in the FIX folder.
However, there are two rfMRI dtseries.nii files there, one with MSMALL, and one
without it. Which one is more recommended to use?

2. We are quite lost in using the wb_commands. By checking previous emails, it
seems that we could use "-cifti-parcellate" to compute the ROI-wise averaged
time series. But before that, it seems that we also need to create some .dlabel
files. So,

    (1) which command should we use to extract dtseries covered by those
.func.gii ROIs?

    (2) To compute the averaged time series, should we merge all ROIs together
in one cortical surface or compute one by one? Because the .func.gii surface
ROIs are saved as separate files.

    (3) We would like to compute rfMRI connectivity for single individuals, not
group average. Is -cifti-cross-correlation the correct choice?

Look forward to your kind guidance. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Xinyang