You are not intended to double click wb_command or wb_import, they are
utilities that are used from a terminal or script (generally, after adding
their location to your $PATH, per the install instructions in README.txt).
Double clicking them from a folder window is expected to make a window that
closes immediately.

On Ubuntu, please launch the utilities using the files the bin_linux64
folder, they are scripts that set the library paths, etc properly.  You
should not need to manually modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Tim