Hello,

I have a question about MSMall, as I am trying to better understand how it is
performing the alignment in the HCP Pipelines. My understanding is that MSMall
uses areal features that include myelin maps and resting state network maps for
alignment. MSM uses a discrete optimization approach and optimizes across the
surface until features on the moving surface best match the target surface and
it does this over a series of iterations. In the HCP Pipelines, how is this
being done for the different modalities? Is it doing it for each modality on
its own or is it creating a single, multivariate CostFunctionweighted mask and
using it as the –refweight option? If it’s the latter, what are the actual
weights that are used as default in the pipeline for the different modalities?

Any help with my understanding is appreciated!

Thanks!
Mark