I have been working on running the pipelines on a new computer which runs on
ubuntu18 and when running Freesurfer5.3HCP it crashes like described in this
post

https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2016-May/045407.html

which seems to be a known incompatibility with freesurfer5.3 involving newer
versions of perl playing badly with version 5.3 and which has been fixed in
version 6.0 (I assume it has because 6.0 seems to work)…..According to Perlbrew
this version of Ubuntu can install back to perlv5.4 and I spent several hours
trying to force install various versions of perl which predate the glitch
(5.0.1, 5.0.3 etc) and none of them are functional on the new ubuntu and this
does not fix the problem

Freesurfer 6.0 runs basically fine through the system with some basic editing
of the freesurferpipeline.sh except for the obvious compatibility problem with
mri_make_surfaces in the high res white part  which you guys are aware
of…obviously I can push this through by editing the high res steps out but this
causes a chain effect with making myelin maps, and then steps which require
that step for fMRI processing etc

Is there a solution for this which doesn’t involve changing operating
systems…do versions of the highres white and highres pial scripts exist which
will work with V6.0 (even if not perfect)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10