wb_command -cifti-help has a cheat sheet (and other useful explanation):

   The common types of cifti files and the mapping types they use are:
      dconn: ROW is dense, COLUMN is dense
      dscalar: ROW is scalars, COLUMN is dense
      dtseries: ROW is series, COLUMN is dense

"dense" is the mapping type that represents vertices and voxels, is the one
you need to modify.  If you want to do it to the dconns, then you will need
to do it twice, because both dimensions are dense.

You can look through the hcp-users history here:

https://www.mail-archive.com/hcp-users@humanconnectome.org/

Tim