To Whom It May Concern,

I am attempting to open up a dtseries.nii CIFTI file into Matlab to extract the
time series matrix from rs-fMRI data. I have downloaded workbench and gifti-1.8
and am following the directions outlined in
https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=63963178 in #2
"How do you get CIFTI files into Matlab, but it isn't working.

When I run this command:
cii = ciftiopen('path/to/file','path/to/wb_command'); CIFTIdata = cii.cdata

with the appropriate file paths, I keep receiving this error:

Error using read_gifti_file_standalone (line 20)
[GIFTI] Loading of XML file
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\tp904b5934_f040_4259_8a21_0b10e15aecc8.gii
failed.

Error in gifti (line 100)
                this = read_gifti_file_standalone(varargin{1},giftistruct);

Error in ciftiopen (line 34)
cifti = gifti([tmpfile '.gii']);

I have added workbench and gifti to the path and saved everything in the same
directory to mitigate file directory mismatch, but cannot past this error.

Could you provide some help on how to resolve this?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Anita