Hello Aaron,

1. The hippocampus is a known area that FreeSurfer has a little difficulty with
so we don’t expect perfection in that area.  The subject shown in the document
is quite good however.

2. Yes, "good" volume distortion has fewer blobs.  The blobs are indicating
where the individual surface was manipulated in order to register to the atlas.
 So the fewer manipulations the better.

Hope this helps.

Erin

On Feb 13, 2019, at 12:27 AM, Aaron C