You could interpolate it back to native space if you wanted with relatively
little information loss if you use splines.

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Timothy Coalson <tsc...@mst.edu<mailto:tsc...@mst.edu>>
Date: Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 1:53 PM
To: Aaron C <aaroncr...@outlook.com<mailto:aaroncr...@outlook.com>>
Cc: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] A question about the HCP pipeline

No, since the subcortical data needed to be in MNI space, we chose to use MNI
space surfaces for each subject so that we only needed to generate a single
motion-corrected volume timeseries.  Because the per-subject processing uses
the individual surfaces and the same warpfield for surface and volume,
everything lines up just as well as in native space - the main difference is
that the warpfield can locally change the sampling density in the volume data.

Tim

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 7:57 AM Aaron C