From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Timothy Coalson <tsc...@mst.edu<mailto:tsc...@mst.edu>>
Date: Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 1:41 PM
To: DE CASTRO Vanessa
<vanessa.decas...@cnrs.fr<mailto:vanessa.decas...@cnrs.fr>>
Cc: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] connectome for monkeys // fiber trajectories

Connectome workbench is agnostic to species, though there are some defaults
(identification symbol size) which default to a size suited to the human brain.
 We frequently use it with primate data.

Workbench can display probabilistic trajectories generated with fsl's
bedpostx/probtrackx tools (for the specific type of output that saves the fiber
orientations used per-seed and per-voxel, matrix4 I think), but I don't think
we have made a tutorial for it (and it still has some rough edges, as it hasn't
been a priority for us).  The wb_command -convert-matrix4-to-workbench-sparse
and -convert-fiber-orientations (or -estimate-fiber-binghams for starting with
just the direction samples, but is less accurate) commands are the starting
points - once you have converted the files to workbench formats with the
expected extensions (currently .trajTEMP.wbsparse and .fiberTEMP.nii), loaded
them into wb_view, enabled them in features or layers (I don't recall exactly
how), clicking on a seed point will display the trajectories to/from it.

There is also wb_command -probtrackx-dot-convert, which allows converting the
other probtrackx matrix types to cifti files (can show how much each
voxel/vertex is used for a seed, but can't be displayed the way the trajectory
files can).

Tim

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 9:23 AM DE CASTRO Vanessa