From: Suman Vajjala <suman.g...@gmail.com<mailto:suman.g...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 9:38 PM
To: HDF Users Discussion List
<hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org>>
Subject: [Hdf-forum] Performance query

Hi,

     I have a question regarding the performance of parallel I/O vs MPI
communication based calls. I have data which needs to be accessed by different
processors. If the data is in memory then MPI calls (Send/Recv) does the job.
In an another scenario the data is written to a H5 file and different
processors access the respective data using parallel I/O. Would MPI calls be
faster than HDF5 parallel I/O? (data access could be unstructured)

Regards
Suman Vajjala