Hello everyone,

We cannot use parallel HDF5 on any of our systems. The processes either crash
or hang (and they work with sequential HDF5).

On NFS, we are getting:

ADIOI_Set_lock:: No locks available
ADIOI_Set_lock:offset 69744, length 256
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 124
File locking failed in ADIOI_Set_lock(fd 25,cmd F_SETLKW/7,type
F_WRLCK/1,whence 0) with return value FFFFFFFF and errno 25.
If the file system is NFS, you need to use NFS version 3, ensure that the lockd
daemon is running on all the machines, and mount the directory with the 'noac'
option (no attribute caching).

On Panasas:

ADIOI_PANFS_RESIZE: Rank 13: Resize failed: requested=46996328 actual=9187464.

We are using intel 12.1.4, mvapich1.6 (tested with 1.8 and 1.9 as well) and
HDF5 1.8.10.

Is this a known problem, and do you know any workarounds without turning of the
parallel capabilities of HDF5?

Any suggestions you may have will be appreciated!

Thanks,
-Mehmet