I will attempt to recreate the tests on 20.203.

Currently, I'm comparing trunk against branches/MR-279/, and the slowdown is
many times slower. I have run several tests (45 or 50) with different
variables, and they all seem to be slower on trunk.

Just for example, in one test here are my findings:

Operation                       Trunk     branches/MR-279/
Average operations per second:   24       200
Average open execution time:     41ms       5ms
Average deletion time:           43ms       5ms
Average creation time:           47ms       9ms
Average write close time:       658ms      100ms

Thanks,
-Eric