+1 (binding)

I downloaded the src tar ball, built it with the native bits enabled,
started up a little cluster, and ran some sample jobs. Things worked as
expected. I also verified the signatures on the source artifact.

I did bump into one little issue, but I don't think it should be considered
a blocker. When I first tried to start up the RM, it failed to start with
this error:

13/02/08 16:00:31 FATAL resourcemanager.ResourceManager: Error starting
ResourceManager
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue configuration missing child queue
names for root
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.parseQueue(CapacityScheduler.java:328)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.initializeQueues(CapacityScheduler.java:255)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.reinitialize(CapacityScheduler.java:220)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.init(ResourceManager.java:226)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.main(ResourceManager.java:710)

And then this on shutdown:

13/02/08 16:00:31 INFO service.CompositeService: Error stopping
ResourceManager
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.stop(ResourceManager.java:590)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService$CompositeServiceShutdownHook.run(CompositeService.java:122)
at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ShutdownHookManager$1.run(ShutdownHookManager.java:54)

Presumably this is because I don't have the CapacityScheduler queues
configured at all, and the default scheduler is now the CapacityScheduler.
To work around this for my testing, I switched to the FairScheduler and the
RM came up just fine.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera