Hi devs

Tsuyoshi just brought it to my notice that the published tarballs don't
have LICENSE, NOTICE and README at the top-level. Instead, they are only
under common, hdfs, etc.

Now that we have already announced the release and the jars/functionality
doesn't change, I propose we just update the tarballs with ones that
includes those files? I just untar-ed the published tarballs and copied
LICENSE, NOTICE and README from under common to the top directory and
tar-ed them back again.

The updated tarballs are at: http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0/
. Can someone please verify the signatures?

If you would prefer an alternate action, please suggest.

Thanks
Karthik

PS: HADOOP-10956 should include the fix for these files also.