Thanks for starting this thread, Arun.

Your proposal seems reasonable to me. I suppose we would like new features
and improvements to go into 2.8 then? If yes, what time frame are we
looking at for 2.8? Looking at YARN, it would be nice to get a release with
shared-cache and a stable version of reservation work. I believe they are
well under way and should be ready in a few weeks.

Regarding 2.7 release specifics, do you plan to create a branch off of
current branch-2.6 and update all issues marked fixed for 2.7 to be fixed
for 2.8?

Thanks
Karthik