Thanks for reviving this on email, Vinod. Newer folks like me might not be
aware of this JIRA/effort.

This would be wonderful to have so (1) we know the status of release
branches (branch-2, etc.) and also (2) feature branches (YARN-2928).
Jonathan's or Matt's proposal for including branch name looks reasonable to
me.

If none has any objections, I think we can continue on JIRA and get this
in.

--
Karthik Kambatla
Software Engineer, Cloudera Inc.