From: Andrew Wang [mailto:andrew.w...@cloudera.com]
Sent: 26 July 2016 00:22
To: Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Cc: larry mccay <lmc...@apache.org>; Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<vino...@apache.org>; common-...@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

I'll also add that, as a YARN newbie, I did hit two usability issues. These are
very unlikely to be regressions, and I can file JIRAs if they seem fixable.

* I didn't have SSH to localhost set up (new laptop), and when I tried to run
the Pi job, it'd exit my window manager session. I feel there must be a more
developer-friendly solution here.
* If you start the NodeManager and not the RM, the NM has a handler for SIGTERM
and SIGINT that blocked my Ctrl-C and kill attempts during startup.
I had to kill -9 it.