> On Sep 24, 2016, at 4:24 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>

> On 23 Sep 2016, at 18:55, Andrew Wang
> <andrew.w...@cloudera.com<mailto:andrew.w...@cloudera.com>> wrote:
>
> Have you git blamed to dig up the original JIRA conversation? I think that
> deprecation predates many of us, so you might not get much historical
> perspective from the mailing list.
>
> its so old that it's lost in the history of the "show git history for
> selection" feature in IDEA which does exactly that.
>
> I'm happy to lend a +1 though, since like you said, it doesn't seem like that
> config key is going anywhere.

        dfs.bytes-per-checksum was added as part of HADOOP-6419 /
00de6db0e3976cf0108010ecbd6e73a5ceab7b1f.  It looks like the internal-to-Yahoo!
commit that was part of that one accidentally included a lot more than what was
documented. So if there is any ASF-level documentation of the change, it's
going to be in a JIRA patch somewhere, likely in the 0.20 timeline.