I looked into building it on jenkins earlier, but it appears that this
jenkins job is busted (at least for 2.6.x):
https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/

I don't have access to the job configuration, so I'm unable to fix it atm.

That said, I do think Allen has a point. It strikes me that the release
manager building it under his/her own control shouldn't be a problem, if
not better. Also, the how-to-release wiki currently seems to suggest
building it locally is fine (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease).

IMO I don't think this is a blocker. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sangjin