(bcc: hdfs-dev@, rm-staff@, eng@, pe-team@, cert@, bd-staff@ - all the
teams at Cloudera Daniel worked on)

It gives me immense pleasure to announce that Daniel has been elected a
committer on the Apache Hadoop project.

Daniel joined the engineering team (HDFS and subsequently RM) last year and
has contributed to HDFS, KMS and YARN fixing many tricky issues and
cleaning up a lot of cruft. Daniel set an example on how to operate in the
community by thoroughly reviewing small/large patches from Cloudera and
elsewhere. The Hadoop PMC was mighty impressed with his commitment to the
community leading to this election.

All these technical contributions are on top of Daniel's other
contributions to the RM team. He joined the team when the team lost a few
people, played a bit of manager running the team meetings and helping out
with recruitment. He was also instrumental in onboarding the Distribution
team (in Budapest) helping out with recruitment and new employee training.

Please join me in congratulating him on this well-deserved accomplishment.

Congrats Daniel! Thanks for your contributions.

Cheers!
Karthik