From: Ravi Prakash [mailto:ravihad...@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 August 2017 07:38
To: Vinayakumar B
Cc: Brahma Reddy Battula; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: When permission is disabled, why setOwner() && setPermission()
still check the permission?

I agree! I don't know of any one who doesn't use permissions. This was probably
a feature flag that never got removed.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Vinayakumar B
<vinayakum...@apache.org<mailto:vinayakum...@apache.org>> wrote:
Hi Brahma,

Thanks for bringing this up.

According to history of git, there is no historical reasons found for me.
May be someone with branch-1 experience, can answer this ..?

-Vinay