I like the idea of same source / same release and put Ozone's source under
a different directory.

Like Owen mentioned, It gonna be important for all parties to keep a
regular and shorter release cycle for Hadoop, e.g. 3-4 months between minor
releases. Users can try features and give feedbacks to stabilize feature
earlier; developers can be happier since efforts will be consumed by users
soon after features get merged. In addition to this, if features merged to
trunk after reasonable tests/review, Andrew's concern may not be a problem

bq. Finally, I earnestly believe that Ozone/HDSL itself would benefit from
being a separate project. Ozone could release faster and iterate more
quickly if it wasn't hampered by Hadoop's release schedule and security and
compatibility requirements.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 4:24 PM, Owen O'Malley <owen.omal...@gmail.com>