Thanks for work on this, Junping!!

+1 (non-binding)
  - verified binary checksum
    - built from source and setup 4 node cluster
    - run basic hdfs command
    - run wordcount, pi & TestDFSIO (read/write)
    - basic check for NN UI

Best,
Ajay

On 5/8/18, 10:41 AM, "俊平堵" <junping...@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi all,
         I've created the first release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop
    2.8.4. This is our next maint release to follow up 2.8.3. It includes 77
    important fixes and improvements.

        The RC artifacts are available at:
    http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.4-RC0

        The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.4-RC0

        The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org<
    http://repository.apache.org> at:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1118

        Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
    working days, ending on 5/14/2018 PST time.

    Thanks,

    Junping