Hi potential GSoC students,

With the deadline looming, you are hopefully working on your GSoC proposal
and the TimVideos organisation looks forward to receiving it! However, with
only 3 days remaining, *I have only reviewed a single application*. I know
there are more of you out there and one important part of writing a good
proposal for GSoC is getting community feedback!

*You should be trying to get community feedback as soon as possible.
*The community
will help make sure your proposal is going in the right direction and help
you concentrate on the important parts. To get community feedback *you need
to share your proposal with the community* so they can add comments. The
preferred way for this to happen is by putting your proposal into a
collaborative editing tool like Google Docs or Etherpad and sharing a link
to it on either IRC or the mailing lists.

Some students can be worried about their proposal being stolen, so far we
have never had a case of this happening. Even if another student did submit
your proposal, by publishing it publicly (and responding to community
feedback) we can clearly see who is the original author.

There are also lots of tips for improving your proposal at
https://code.timvideos.us/summer-of-code/#tips including a whole section on
the selection criteria we use. Notice the line "*Proposer has contacted us
prior to the submission. - This demonstrates a definite interest in
TimVideos.us and proves an ability to communicate with us.*"

Only 3 days remain until the deadline of April 3 16:00 UTC. This is a hard
deadline, no late submissions will be accepted. *Many things can make it
difficult to submit your proposal at the last minute, so please submit
early!* You can share a draft of your proposal in the GSoC application
right now ->
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/4806703267708928/

Looking forward to seeing all the great proposals.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell
TimVideos Organisation Admin & Mentor