Hi Raghu,

The spot luminance measurements should ideally be done for several ranges for each HDR capturing (e.g. one reference area with 100cd/m2, another one with several thousands) and finally you compare the illuminance of the image with the measured one and you should reject any image with a deviation larger than 25% deviation of the illuminance. With a proper calibration you can be also within 10%.

Definitely the luminances of your image are totally off (=physically impossible, at least factor  50 for the blue sky) - it has nothing to do with evalglare.

BTW. evalglare calculates the illuminance also for that image (617414.88 lux) - there is no limit or "out of bounds". Just that your image has much too high luminances, so you get also an unrealistic illuminance...

It is hard to tell where the problem lies exactly, but definitely it is caused by your applied  hdr generation process.

Cheers

Jan