Zephania 3:9 has "safah verurah" and Even-Shoshan has "ad she-hayetah mishnato berurah [Agnon); "leshonah beruah" [Burla].
Heidi
At 11:29 AM 4/7/2005 -0400, you wrote:
Paul M. points out that it DOES matter which form goes into the 245 and which goes into the 246, since some systems out there may not index the 246, and RLIN definitely uses the 245 for clustering records for the same book together.

This being the case, I strongly recommend putting the biblical romanization in the 245 and the "common" romanization in a 246.

I was a bit worried about how some libraries say "Mishnah verurah" instead of "Mishnah berurah"--that would entail quite a cleanup! But it seems "Mishnah verurah" is not biblical. Can anyone tell me what it does come from, and if "verurah" is in any powerful sense "better" than "berurah"?

Joan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/06/05 7:12 PM >>>
Dear Group,

Here's another one I came across today: Hotem tokhnit vs. Hotam tokhnit.
  7 clusters in RLIN for the first, 5 for the second, some of them for
the same title.

Hotem tokhnit is taken from a verse in Ezekiel.
In this case, it's clear which is the correct form. I guess we should
still do a 246 for the variant, to aid the masses, n'est ce pas?

Barry

Heidi G. Lerner
Hebraica/Judaica Cataloger
Catalog Dept.