Dear Group,

Attached is a draft of a response to the LC proposal regarding RDA A1.4E on publication dates that was put together by  Joan and  Lenore following a meeting with Dr. Barbara Tillett of CPSO.

Please note that the revised proposed rule will also require the addition to the Hebrew romanization table (and to the tables of other impacted languages)  of a guideline on transcribing non-Western style dates in romanized contexts.

Please send me any comments that you might have as soon as possible (I am leaving for vacation tomorrow AM so prior to that).

Thanks, Heidi

Heidi G. Lerner
Hebraica/Judaica Cataloger
Catalog Dept.