Fax:  (310) 794-9357

From: Robert Rendall [mailto:rr2...@columbia.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:52 AM
To: Fletcher, Peter; Miller, Caroline; hikn...@uflib.ufl.edu;
bol...@email.unc.edu; mp...@georgetown.edu; li...@rci.rutgers.edu;
luo.z...@duke.edu; sha...@aucegypt.edu; walsh_l2...@yahoo.com;
vgorodin...@library.wisc.edu; dw...@uoregon.edu;
j...@library.berkeley.edu; jp2...@columbia.edu; k...@library.berkeley.edu;
rdoughe...@mail.utexas.edu; chen.1...@osu.edu; b...@indiana.edu;
a...@loc.gov; Avetyan, Nora; sse2...@columbia.edu; d...@hawaii.edu;
h...@uic.edu; charles.ri...@yale.edu; aco...@law.columbia.edu; Dagher,
Iman; lxz...@ualr.edu; zd...@uga.edu; cs...@niu.edu; gmcdan...@nybg.org;
m...@mail.lib.msu.edu; hu...@ku.edu; jd...@stanford.edu; j...@loc.gov
Cc: Beth Picknally Camden; Martin Heijdra; John Espley; Michelle
Robertson; MAGDA EL-SHERBINI; Joyce E. Bell; Heidi Lerner; Keiko Suzuki;
David W Reser; Glenn Patton; has...@fiu.edu; jian.w...@gov.sk.ca;
galro...@osu.edu; san...@locjkt.or.id; Robert J. Rendall
Subject: Re: [nonenglishaccess] Call for volunteers: ALCTS Non-English
Task Force on Romanization

Colleagues,

The ALA Connects open discussion forum on romanization is now up and
running.  This is intended to be a general forum for discussion of
issues related to romanization, and the Working Group also plans to use
it to collect information and request feedback on its work as it
prepares its report.  Thank you again for expressing an interest in this
project, and I hope that all of you will consider joining and
participating in the forum.

The forum's page is at http://connect.ala.org/node/76105.  To see
existing posts and to post your own messages, you will need to (1.) log
in to ALA Connect, and then (2.) join this group.  ALA members can log
in using their ALA username and password; non-members will need to set
up a username and password for ALA Connect.  Once you're logged in, you
should see a button saying "JOIN" on the right-hand side of the page.
Clicking on that will send me an e-mail message, and as soon as I see
that I will add you as a member.  Contact me directly at this e-mail
address if you run into any problems.

Once you've joined, please feel free to start your own discussion
threads on whatever romanization issues are of most interest to you.
(To keep up to date, click on "Email preferences" and select "enabled"
so you will be notified when a new post or comment is added.)  While the
Working Group is planning to conduct most of its own substantive
discussions here so that you will be able to comment, we'll be delighted
if this group also takes on a life of its own.

Thank you,

Robert Rendall
Chair, ALCTS Non-English Access Working Group on Romanization

MAGDA EL-SHERBINI wrote:

Dear colleagues,
The discussion list is created and to be a member you should use the URL
I sent before and you could request a membership in the community. I
will get an email message and I will approve your membership.

Right now, I am requesting that you hold on your request because I
changed the administrator of this list to the chair of the WG. Once this
change is made, I will send the information for you to join.
Thank you,
Magda

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM, MAGDA EL-SHERBINI