OK, so because it appears as one word, I will romanize it as Joan suggests, de'(aleph diacritic)el.

Thanks all for your input.

Happy Friday and Shabat Shalom,

Jasmin

Zachary Baker wrote:
It doesn't appear to be the more common usage, but I did find another example of די איל (de el, with the words separated) in Ladino works:

Amaraǧi, Y. Bekhor, & Sason, Y. (560318421843). /Darkhe ha-adam : el rov de sus palavras son *de el* Sefer ha-berit ḥeleḳ sheni maʼamar 13 ke se yama Ahavat reʻim, y un poko de musar.../ Saloniko: Bi-defus...ha-Rav Saʻadia ha-Leṿi. (Hebrew books from the Harvard College Library ; LA 0201-0202).

Zachary
--
Zachary M. Baker
Reinhard Family Curator of Judaica and Hebraica Collections