From: owner-heb-n...@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
[mailto:owner-heb-n...@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu] On Behalf Of Heidi G Lerner
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:20 AM
To: heb-naco
Subject: Jewish police or Jewish police officers

Dear group,

I am sending this query a second time in hopes to get some help in formulating
a subject heading for Jewish police/Jewish police officers.

I have seen in LCSH the following:

African American police

Christian police officers
Gay police officers
Lesbian police officers

"Police officers" exists as a cross-reference to "Police"

I think that I should propose "Jewish police officers" since we already have
"Christian police officers"

but I would like some help understanding why we have Afican American police but
Christian police officers.

Thank you, Heidi

--
Heidi G. Lerner