Folks:

If it's not broken, let's not fix it.

Is it broken?  Only in the very most techinical sense.  This is a very,
very minor word that mostly only appears in personal names as a link
between major portions.  Said another way, this word isn't a corner stone
of any searches.  More, the difference between the Princeton version and
the ES version is a hyphen, per Jasmine.

My conclusion: I prefer the Princeton romanization and see no reason to
change it.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 5:21 AM, Neil Manel Frau-Cortes <nf...@umd.edu>
wrote:

> As the web site states, it is not an acronym so we could go either way. We
> should probably follow ES. We already consider some of these as words, like
> *shut.*
>
> Neil
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 3:28 AM Joan Biella <jbiella2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We don’t “typically” follow E.-Sh.  We follow him slavishly!  Am I right?
>>
>> Joan
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Aug 28, 2018, at 5:11 PM, Shinohara, Jasmin <jsh...@pobox.upenn.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, the above word appears on Princeton's wonderful
>> abbreviation/initialism page
>> <http://library.princeton.edu/departments/tsd/katmandu/hebrew/b10.html>
>> as beha-rav (and that is the predominant form found at LC). E-Sh. has it
>> listed as a word vocalized beharav. We typically follow E-Sh. What does the
>> group think we should do?
>>

>> Thanks and kol tuv,
>>

>> Jasmin
>>

>> Jasmin Shinohara
>> Hebraica Cataloging Librarian
>> University of Pennsylvania
>> Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center
>> 3420 Walnut Street
>> Philadelphia, PA 19104-6206
>> T. 215-746-6397
>> F. 215-573-9610
>> jsh...@upenn.edu

> --
>
> *Neil M. Frau-Cortes, Ph.D. *(he, him, his)
>
> Judaica, Hebraica and Metadata Cataloger
>

> University of Maryland
>
> 4109 McKeldin Library
>
> College Park, MD 20742
>
> Phone (301) 405-9337
>
> nf...@umd.edu
>
> ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1881-1405

Bob Talbott

Principal cataloger/Hebraica cataloger

UC Berkeley

250 Moffitt

Berkeley, CA 94720

If they're too small for court, they're probably shorts.
If they're long and advanced, you're looking at pants