Actually, I saw my first 2019 publication date around March of 2018.

I still recommend a 264_1 $ in brackets with an explanatory note.  The
presence of the note (plus an accurate accounting of other salient points)
should be enough to prevent future catalogers from assuming the worst about
past catalogers and/or that they have a different ed. in their hands.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Nancy Sack <s...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> This happens every autumn. Please record the date as given in the book.
> Anyone who catalogs the book after December 31 will think she/he has a
> different edition.
>
> Nancy
>

> On 8/31/2018 3:06 AM, Rachel Simon wrote:
>
> How should we deal with items with wrong date of publication?
>

> We received a book (NOT in Hebrew) with a 2019  publication date; some
> libraries got it even earlier in 2018. Should we just transcribe the
> information the way it is and add a note? Add the correct date in square
> brackets?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Rachel

> --
> Nancy Sack
> Cataloging Department
> University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
> 2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822
> phone: 808-956-2648
> fax: 808-956-5968
> e-mail: s...@hawaii.edu

Bob Talbott

Principal cataloger/Hebraica cataloger

UC Berkeley

250 Moffitt

Berkeley, CA 94720

If they're too small for court, they're probably shorts.
If they're long and advanced, you're looking at pants