Dear Lili,

Thank you for this intriguing query. Some things to consider.

  1.  Is the text of the birkat ha-mazon definitely a non-traditional rite? Or
is the actual rite a traditional one? If the text of the Birkat ha-mazon is
traditional but there are “non-traditional” rubrics and other supplemental
text, it’s still a traditional birkon. If it is traditional and it is indeed
Sephardi (which is a reasonable assumption since it’s in Turkish and Ladino),
then the number would be BM675.G7 Z6275 for Sephardi in the LC shelflist.
Stanford might have a different number for Sephardic rite based on the Stanford
shelflist. If it’s traditional and possibly Ashkenazi (presumably unlikely) or
unspecified (perhaps a bit more likely), then it could go in the Ashkenazi or
unspecified range. In this area, you also have the A3 option when editor is
unknown.
  2.  If it is definitely non-traditional and if there is no editor or
institution given on the work, then IJ Section practice is to put the publisher
(or another affiliated entity) in an added entry position and cutter for the
publisher within the given range (Z67-Z679). So if the first letter of the
surname (or entity name) comes later in the alphabet, it would go towards the
Z679 end of that range. In your case in hand, if there’s no publisher, then
perhaps the name of the bar mitzvah honoree ($e for honoree)? Alternatively, it
could be any appropriate entity that you choose to enter in the 7xx field.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Aaron and Edie