From: Shinohara, Jasmin <jsh...@upenn.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2024 5:35 PM
To: Hebrew Name Authority Funnel <heb-naco@lists.osu.edu>; Robert M. TALBOTT
<rtalb...@library.berkeley.edu>; Miller, Caroline <crmil...@library.ucla.edu>;
a...@loc.gov <a...@loc.gov>
Cc: rsi...@princeton.edu <rsi...@princeton.edu>; 'jbiella2...@gmail.com'
<jbiella2...@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Heb-NACO] Fwd: Name of divinity

Actually, upon further thought, the Princeton romanization form doesn’t make
sense. Our practice is not to spell out what an initialism stands for. Even if
י"י stands for Yeya Yeyi, we don’t write it out, just as when representing ע"ש
we do so as ‘a. sh., not ‘al shem.

The people responsible for the Princeton site are retired, so I’m not sure
we’re going to get any insight from them.

I’d be happy to hear from someone at LC…

Thanks, Jasmin