I can get Heimdal 1.6 to work with some fiddling. There doesn’t seem to be a
1.7 branch in GIT. The bleeding-edge version doesn’t seem to be usable.

Since I believe there are people on this list actually doing development on
Heimdal, where are you doing it?

I’ve tried the latest Debian and NetBSD versions and get fairly similar issues
with configure and m4. Both of their package systems seem to install autotools
without installing all the dependencies that are actually required. The
auto-tool-chain seems to hide error messages that might tell me what’s missing
(like gcc!!).

I hadn’t planned on needing to debug things at this level, but I did want
something that would work on a BeagleBone or Pi.

Assuming I can spend some time on this, what would it take to make the latest
version at least minimally usable? Is there no longer a build farm? Are we
missing someone to apply patches?

Personal email.  hbh...@oxy.edu