On Wed, 2016-10-19 at 13:02 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> January 5th is the soft freeze, beyond which new packages cannot be
> introduced into Debian stretch.  This is probably the last possible date
> for Heimdal 7 making it into the next Debian stable release.  If there is
> no stable release of Heimdal (with security support) by this point, and
> more realistically several weeks prior to this for people to package it
> (assuming the Heimdal packaging team in Debian is still willing to package
> Heimdal), Debian stable will ship without Heimdal.

I'd really like to avoid that happening.  Last I checked, Heimdal was
being maintained in Debian by Brian May.  If he's no longer interested
in doing so, and assuming we can get a stable release in a timely
fashion, I can probably scare up some cycles to get the packaging in
shape.  Someone else will have to do the uploads, though...

-- Jeff