Nico Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 09:24:08AM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> > 1. The 7.x kdc did not understand the heimdal.db Kerberos database
> > created by 1.5.2. Are they not compatible? What should I know about
> > this?
>
> Looking at differences in lib/hdb/hdb.asn1... they should be compatible.
> Is it possible that in FreeBSD 7.4 uses a different DB type?

Now that I look into it, the pkg message when installing warns:

====
heimdal-7.1.0_1 uses a new database format which is incompatible
with Heimdal in the base system and heimdal-1.5.3_6 or prior.

Please read 20161112 in /usr/ports/UPDATING carefully to upgrade
your database.
====

And there is a copious upgrade manual: http://termbin.com/tatv

> Can you dump/load?  That should work.

That's what is basically in the manual.

> > 2. The utilities in the FreeBSD base system will remain linked to the
> > base system Heimdal libs (/usr/lib/libgssapi* instead of the newer
> > /usr/local/lib/libgssapi*).
>
> FreeBSD hasn't upgraded yet?  I thought it had.

It keeps a fairly recent version of Heimdal in the ports collection,
but does not upgrade Heimdal in the base system for some reason.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859