On 2017-11-06 17:55:05, Patrik Lundin wrote:

> While it can still be displayed with kadmin (and authenticated to with kinit)
> the dump and load will fail:
> ===
> root@kdc-lab-master1:~# kadmin -l load hdb-backup
> hdb-backup:2:error parsing extension
> (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
> hdb-backup:3:error parsing keys ()
> ===

Just a quick follow-up:
To be clear, the above example was missing the preceeding "kadmin -l
dump hdb-backup". I should also point out that the dump operation gives no
indiciation that something went wrong, so either that indicates that the
problem lies with the load code, or it means the problem is not properly
detected.

This of course means there is no heads-up that you might be generating
backup files where certain principals can not be restored. The problem
will not show itself until you are actually performing a load.

--
Patrik Lundin