Historically, the SSF value in Cyrus-SASL for GSSAPI connections has been hard coded to "56" (DES). The MIT project added capability to provide back a derived SSF for Cyrus-SASL to use. However, Heimdal does not appear to have a corresponding value that can be passed into Cyrus-SASL. This has been a significant issue for years, and it would be nice to be able to obtain the same information regardless of Kerberos implementation.

In the MIT code, this is provided via:
GSS_C_SEC_CONTEXT_SASL_SSF

Is there something similar in Heimdal that I'm missing, or should I open an issue on GitHub for this functionality to be added?

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Quanah

--