On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:51:20 +0100
Stefan Gohmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> Am Freitag, 26. Januar 2007 20:22 schrieb Henry B. Hotz:
> > I had an exchange with Jeffrey Altman on MIT's krbdev list where I
> > worked through all the config items in Mozilla relatives to make a
> > Windows client use the Kerberos libraries in KfW.  You ought to be
> > able to find it with Google.  It works.
>
> that's very nice.
>
> > MS IE will always use the Microsoft kerberos implementation and the
> > tickets in the LSA.
>
> Does that mean, it is not possible that the MS IE uses the ticket from the
> Heimdal KDC?

Not quite. IE could get a ticket from a Heimdal KDC but it would only
do so by going through the Local Security Authoriy (LSA). Meaning,
if you could run Heimdal client libs on a Windows client and the libs
used some kind of ccache file, IE would not be able to use it. The
Heimdal port would have use the credential cache associated with the
logon session. Meaning it would have to have some LSA code to store and
retrieve credentials (code that MIT has and could largely be copied).

Personally however I don't understand why someone would want to run
alternative Kerberos libraries on a Windows client. Unless perhaps you're
porting some *nix software that uses the MIT/Heimdal API maybe.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SSO