On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:

If you attach a debugger to it and run stepi, does the code loop inside ioctl() ?

stepi hangs.  Does not return to the debugger prompt.

^C
bt

Does the "pagsh" you get with heimdal 0.8-rc4 have the same problem ?

Love

Yes.

gdb hangs attaching to it.

sudo gdb also hangs attaching.

kill doesn't kill gdb

sudo kill -9 kills gdb

sudo kill -9 does not kill pagsh

I don't know how to do a kernel trace. I'm willing to consider this an OpenAFS bug, not yours. I don't know if it corresponds too anything that was fixed between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.

[EMAIL PROTECTED], or [EMAIL PROTECTED]