Humble refers to a short meeting we had for him to bring me up to
speed on the Kube and OCP resource types.

>From what he explained to me, what we want is to maintain the ability
to manage versioned deployments as well as do rollbacks of
deployments. If I understand this correctly, then I ask: Humble, did
you mean Templates or DeploymentConfigs? DeploymentConfigs, best I can
tell, are what provide the features we want and are not tied to
Templates in any way. I would definitely want to keep
DeploymentConfigs for use in OpenShift.

This may have been confused because of the following line in the OpenShift docs:

A deployment in OpenShift Enterprise is a replication controller based
on a user defined template called a deployment configuration.

So they're calling it a "template" in the general sense of the word,
not a "Template" in the OpenShift resource sense. Is that right?

--Jose