Hi Sourav,

On 02/08/2017 08:05 PM, sourav punoriyar wrote:
> I was able to merge omap_uart changes with the existing code and build.

There should really be virtually no difference as the branch contains a
recent mainline already.

> Could you please help me little bit more related to console boot
> argument in *HelenOS* , like with an example.
> "console= devices/\hw\path\to\the\serial\device\function"
>
> "\the\serial\device\function"--- ???
>
> "In linux i used to give console = ttyO0"

On HelenOS, this must be a full location service path (relative to
/loc/). Unfortunately, it is machine-specific.

For example, the sparc64 sun4u QEMU machine uses (can be passed via a
QEMU argument):

  devices/\hw\pci0\00:03.0\com1\a

On amd64/ia32 QEMU this will be (must be set in grub configuration):

  devices/\hw\pci0\00:01.0\com1\a

Note that the backslashes usually need to be escaped.

The omap_uart driver and the am35x platform driver construct a different
path. Looking at the sources, the pathname will be something like:

  devices/\hw\serial\a

You can try to verify this by printing the function name in the
omap_uart driver eg. by changing the severity of the ddf_msg that prints
uart->dev from LVL_NOTE to LVL_ERROR or by setting a higher log level
for omap_uart or the whole system. Let me reiterate that on arm we are
still missing code that passes boot arguments from the boot loader to
the kernel, so there is currently no way to pass this string.

Best,
Jakub