Hi Jiri,

ne 4. 11. 2018 v 8:52 odesílatel Jiri Svoboda <jirik.svob...@seznam.cz> napsal:

> Hi Maurizio,
>
> very cool! I demonstrated a port of GZX, my ZX Spectrum emulator to HelenOS
> maybe a year ago or so, but now that I think of it, I only showed it in
> person on HelenOS meeting. I should make that up...

It would be nice to try it too!

> Looks like we are starting to have some very cool software available for
> HelenOS. We should make it really easy for people to locate and install it.
> Ideally it should be installable via pkg (so perhaps make it possible to be
> built by  a harbor?)

Agree, I will work on it.

> Looks like sound works great. I had sound quality issues with GZX, nice to
> see sound working alright.

I know, sound is quite hard to get it working right.
In my  case, LaiNES relies on a certain function to be called once
every 16ms and this is quite difficult
to achieve in HelenOS because the timer granularity is 10ms. (HZ = 100).

> So is this working via a HelenOS SDL2 port or did you port the emulator
> itself from SDL to HelenOS APIs?

I ported the core of the emulator but I rewrote all the other parts to
get rid of the SDL dependency.