Pierre Neidhardt <ambre...@gmail.com> writes:

> I can run the following command as much as I want it will keep updating
> a bunch of packages to themselves.

That’s expected if you’ve upgraded Guix since installing the packages.
(If you haven’t then it’s probably a bug.)

That’s because the package version itself is insufficient.  In Guix
we’re dealing with package “variants”.  Guix will never upgrade a
package to the same variant, but it can happen that there are different
variants for the same version of a package.

That’s usually because inputs to these packages have changed, which
results in a new package output in the functional package management
model.  The version stays the same, but since the inputs have changed,
the output will be different and thus end up in a new directory.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net