Marius Bakke <mba...@fastmail.com> writes:

> Pierre Neidhardt <ambre...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Clément Lassieur <clem...@lassieur.org> writes:

>>> There is SFTP, which is secure, and supported by GuixSD.  It's not FTP,
>>> and it runs over SSH.
>>
>> My use-case is the following: share files with random people with
>> zero-configuration on their end.  Because FTP is supported by most web
>> browsers it is one of the most available options I think.
>>
>> Any other suggestion?  There is Samba, but I'm not sure I'd like to dive
>> into that...
>
> I often start a HTTP server with `guix environment` for quick and dirty
> network sharing of the current directory:
>
> $ guix environment -C -N --ad-hoc python -- python3 -m http.server
>
> I suppose "wget" would be able to mass-download.

And there is 'woof' (packaged by Guix), it's a small HTTP server too,
very handy.  I use it very often at work to share files with my
collegues.  It serves the file only once unless specifed otherwise, and
'woof -U' provides an upload form, so that users can upload files
without having to install anything.  And it auto-tar directories.