Hi

On 2018-04-27 06:07, Chris Marusich wrote:
Pierre Neidhardt <ambre...@gmail.com> writes:

In general I think `guix system` error feedback tends to be a tad too
shy.  Are there some plans to make them more explicit and precise?
Did you know that you can ask for more verbose feedback with the
--on-error option?  See (guix) Invoking guix system for details.

According to the manual this is the default strategy:

|nothing-special|

   Report the error concisely and exit. This is the default strategy.

Which in the case of Matija reports:

   guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system"

Maybe we should add to this error message an information about the ability to choose another error strategy (to have more information about what went wrong), e.g.:

   guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system"
   Note: More information on the error is availiable by choosing another error
strategy.
   See (guix) Invoking guix system for details.

Cheers

Swedebugia