your friendly localhost admin <pron...@riseup.net> writes:

> Fredrik Salomonsson <platt...@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that guix has [distrobox][0] packaged but it does not seem to
>> work.
>> …
>
> I have a partial fix pending that I have used successfully to create an Arch
> container and run some nontrivial pacman commands in it.
> <https://yhetil.org/guix/eb8bd481e47aecea043907488a573692c6371b55.1702863974.git.raingl...@riseup.net/>
>
> Podman should also be updated, because rootless containers seem to get stuck
> in a stopping state, and newer releases might have a fix for that.

I slightly messed up, distrobox-init should not be wrapped, nor should its
shebang line be replaced, otherwise it won’t execute inside the container,
because there is no /gnu/store in there.  But that is easy enough to fix, just
bind mount Guix’s folders too:

distrobox create –additional-flags ’–mount type=bind,src=/gnu,target=/gnu
–mount type= bind,src=/var/guix,target=/var/guix’ –image
quay.io/toolbx-images/ubuntu-toolbox:22.04 –name ubuntu-22-toolbox