Sven Hartrumpf <hartru...@gmx.net> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I want to cross-compile some packages for the x32 ABI
> (because it can speed up one of my performance-critical applications).
> Thanks to Efraim’s recent changes, I can simply use
>
>   # guix build lz4 –target=x86_64-linux-gnux32
> (lz4 is only a simple example, not the one which is important for me :-)
>
> What is a good or simple way to use the resulting binaries
> (which I find under /gnu/store/…/bin/lz4)?
> My user-land binaries are mainly x86_64-linux-gnu, only few will be
> x86_64-linux-gnux32.
>
> Greetings
> Sven

Don’t they run as normal?
If the question is about installing them in a profile, you could put them in a
manifest.  Or you could try grafting them into existing packages if you want
them to use them in scripts.  But be careful that you don’t mix libraries into
that.
But as far as using them goes, I’m pretty sure you can just run them.  Guix is
actually really nice for this use case, because you don’t have to manually
manage a different sysroot for every ABI.  I’ve used this property at work to
cross-build an ARM package and transfer it to a Raspberry Pi.  It just worked.