On Thu, 1 Feb 2024, Felix Lechner wrote:

Hi Jack,

On Thu, Feb 01 2024, Jack Hill wrote:

I could use some tips on what's wrong with guix-publish, and more
generally how to troubleshoot systemd services.

I use this [1] and also have (service avahi-service-type) [2] but do not
know how to troubleshoot. It just worked.

Thanks! I found the problem, and it didn't have anything to do with the service. I did have an older system generation where it worked, and I determined that the difference was switching iptables v. nftables for a firewall, and an oversight in the iptables config that was dropping packets on the loopback interface. Oops! It is nice that Guix makes it easy to switch back and forth like that. Thanks again for your reply.

Best,
Jack